Monday, June 11, 2007

A tale of a different sort...H2O inspired ramblings and thoughts about windsurfing

Just yesterday I was able to not only get a good ride in at New Quarter, but some water time as well. The local windsurfing club I belong to, WET (Windsurfing Enthusiasts of Tidewater) are promoting a summer long learn to windsurf effort. After spreading the stoke to some newbies I was reminded of something I wrote back in 98.

The Wind

A fickle temptress, you feel her caress

A gift from the sky as she goes blowing by

Never knowing the regret you’ll feel

Trapped in a floating cage of steel

Windswells and whitecaps spread far and wide

Stir emotions strong inside

You close your eyes and soon you’ll see

Hooked and strapped you’re becoming free

Screaming along without a care

Across the water gleaming launching fat air

Free as a child happy and wild

Not a care to be found no longer earth bound

Floating it seems for such a long time

Liking this dream feeling quite sublime

Feeling so good you ask with a smile

Please sweet temptress won’t you stay awhile

Soaring just a little too far

The door of reality begins to creep ajar

Through it she flows leaving you now

Silently I whisper my solemn vow

Whenever I hear your sweet voice calling me

From soft summer breeze or strong winter sea

All of my tasks will I set aside

So that I might once more take you for a ride

Hello Glenn, Letter to a friend, The Wind continued

Arrived in Norfolk but not home just yet

Sailing deprived inspirations to paper I’ve set

Six months I had to feel the breeze

I’m afraid I’ve got the Mad Sailing Disease

The symptoms you’ll see are quite apparent

Equipment I must have, buy, beg, or rent

These things I need to quench my desire

If I’m not sailing soon, I’m afraid I’ll expire

For these words I seek not literary fame

Only that others that speak her name

Might see these words and crack a smile

At the mad ramblings of one whose not sailed in a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home