Tuesday, February 07, 2006

So I was just riding along when...


i felt what i thought was the saddle tipping back on me. upon inspection the saddle was in fact not loose, which caused me to look the bike over more closely. looking further down the seat tube and what do i see? to be truthful i have ridden this bike VERY hard so i can't really complain about the failure. aluminum does have a finite life span after all and it has served me in a spectacular fashion. trek has always been good with warranty issues in the past, and thankfully this trend has conituned. i was in the shop yesterday, East Coast Bicycles by the way, and i was told that this would be a no brainer to warranty. i'm just glad that it was a simple failure and not a catostrophic one like my klein was.

2 Comments:

Blogger Liz Schleeper said...

WHAT is that? That doesn't even look like aluminum. "Finite" you say? Don't they use aluminum in dog fighters? I want to ride wherever you go cuz you are having way too much fun. Love that new bike and like the tech lesson.

3:32 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

Where is the picture of you and shinner w/ the full face helmet on. I've been asking Dan for a copy.

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home