Saturday, October 29, 2005

29'r Luvin...


This is my first foray into the 29'r world and so far I'm loving it. I just returned from a preride of the Tidewater Mountain Bike Challenge and all I can say is wow! It was just an easy spin sorta lap and on the downhills this bike is INSANELY fast. I will have to make a concious effort during the race to not go too fast. It really is easy to carry enormous momentum into the uphills and with this style of course being a roller coaster up/down time of climb, as long as there isn't any traffic it should have rather nice climbing manners. I will try to get as many pics as possible but as I will be racing during the SS class the pics will have to be either before or after, unless I can get someone to man up the camera during the race. The second picture is from the second time on the trail. I went into a corner just a bit hot, drifted wide, caught the loamy stuff, and BANG the fron wheel folded like a taco and split right at the seam. It's the speed like that, that I'll have to be concious of during the race. I just can't get over how FAST these bikes are once they are up to speed. I am running a 34/18 ratio which works out to a 54.78 GI.
until next time, keep the rubbah side down!

5 Comments:

Blogger gwadzilla said...

now that may need to get a little warranty attention

3:32 PM  
Blogger Captain Caveman said...

actually i was able to get that warrantied. the shop, east coast bikes, followed up on it rather nicely. the wheel broke on the 20th of october, friday, and by the wednesday following i was riding my bike again.

10:46 PM  
Blogger Liz Schleeper said...

You are the king of broken gear. Your JRA passes have ALL been used!

6:27 PM  
Blogger Captain Caveman said...

ouch...you wound me deeply woman

5:24 PM  
Blogger Liz Schleeper said...

That's what your bikes keep trying to tell you! I appreciate someone who stretches things to their full potential though.

12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home